Elements for designing an effective website
- Anticipate what users want and make it easy for them to find and quick to load.
- Create consistency of look and feel and gives the user a sense of continuity.
- Allow the user’s needs to drive the content of the site.
- Invite users to enter and experience what the site has to offer.
- Create a design that is easy to update.
- Use colour effectively Include appropriate fonts that are easy to read.
- Provide tools for easy navigation of the site and individual web pages.
- Use graphics and other forms of multimedia effectively.
Successful Web Site Design
To effectively develop a website to meet company objectives, the designer needs to think like a user – to anticipate how the site will be used and the features that will make it easy to use.
E- Commerce Strategies for Business Markets
Business Marketing Management Micheal D. Hutt & Thomas W. Speh