Padlet is a free online tool that is best described as an online notice board. It can be used by students and teachers to post notes on a page.
The notes posted by teachers and students can contain links, videos, images and document files.
- The teacher can create an online noticeboard and create an activity around that using the website: www. padlet.com.
- The teacher posts a question/activity on the wall depending on the learning intention for the class. See attached link below.
- Students can be divided into groups of three or four.
- It allows students to be more engaged and are able to express their ideas on a topic and share and collaborate them with others in the classroom.
- It can be used as a brainstorming tool by the teacher and be able to assess students in terms of their prior learning/knowledge.
- The teacher can give homework, share articles, website links and other documents with students and gather instant feedback from them.
- The students are using their critical thinking and digital literacy skills ( using computer, i-pad, tablet or smartphone devices). They will be able to save these ideas, keep notes and then refer back to them in future topics.
Use of Graphic Organisers to enhance critical thinking skills in the learning of Business Studies and Economics
This organizer can be used to help students develop skills in comparing and contrasting similar and/or different information.
A Venn diagram may consist of two or more circles.
1. Identify and label each circle the concepts to be compared
2. Discuss and record the similarities and differences among the
3. Put the shared characteristics in the appropriate overlapping
4. Record the unique characteristics of each concept in its own
The following link using Padlet illustrates two Venn diagrams: A Business Studies vocabulary and using the economic concepts topic of Free Goods and Economic Goods.